Red & sweet goodness

Red & sweet goodness
Fresh, handpicked strawberries

Wednesday, October 18, 2017

I made it!

UCSF Medical Center Dietetic Intern
It appears to have been quite a while since I wrote a blog post. I can tell you that when you are a dietetic intern working full time with homework on top of that, there isn’t much more one can do other than sleep, eat and perhaps get a workout in every here and there. Although I did somehow have the time to create a video series called "Life of DI" (DI = dietetic intern). These videos shed light on what it is like to be an intern at UCSF Medical Center specifically, but can give you an idea of what a dietetic internship can look like. You can check the video series out at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_eNO0lWAHWdnfJXh7_Mu8A/videos.
 
The internship was very challenging, but it created a solid foundation in clinical dietetics that will help me succeed as an entry level dietitian. And I say dietitian, because I recently passed my registration examination for dietitians and am proud to say that I am now officially a registered dietitian (RD)! It took almost seven years to get to this point and I can’t even begin to express my gratitude to all of those who believed in me and supported me throughout the years. To those who are not familiar with dietetics, you need to complete a Bachelor’s Degree in nutritional sciences, finish a dietetic internship and pass the registration examination for dietitians in order to become a registered dietitian.

I passed!
Reaching a milestone such as this inspired me to renew my blog, too - I hope you enjoy the new name! I aim to continue to provide you with useful nutrition-related information, and in fact, would like to hear your suggestions for topics to write about. Also, if you are considering a career in dietetics, or would like tips on how to land an internship or ace your exam, don’t hesitate to connect! Any questions and comments are always welcome.

Thanks for reading!


Joyfully,

Anna-Kaisa

No comments:

Post a Comment